Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Giving Thanks #IWSG



Welcome, Insecure Writers! To join this fab group, click here.

Can you believe it's November already? Sheesh! Good luck to all of you participating in NaNoWriMo. This will be the first November in many years that I'm not writing a brand new manuscript. Instead, I'll be working on final edits of another.

2015 has been a year full of unique challenges for me. But through these challenges, one thing remains the same: a thankful heart brings personal happiness. If you're a Bible reader, 1 Thessalonians 5:18 instructs us to "give thanks in all circumstances."

When we're able to follow that one piece of advice, it's amazing how life has a way of straightening out. Give thanks, even when things aren't perfect. Give thanks, even when you wish your situation was different. Give thanks, even if you have a long way to go.

As we head toward the holidays and the closing of 2015, my wish for you is that you'll find something to be grateful for every single day.

What are you thankful for today? Are you participating in NaNo? If so, what's your book about? Please share!

14 comments:

  1. We are to give thanks in ALL things. Not just those going well, but ALL things. Besides, we can't be negative when we're grateful.
    May your 2015 end on a great note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the word ALL too. What a great reminder! Sometimes it is so hard to be grateful in ALL things … especially when things aren't going well. I'm thankful we, in the US that is, have a holiday this month to remind us of this. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, no matter what we're going through, we always have things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for everything I have, even if it's not always what I wanted. I'll be even more grateful when my book is finally finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I am very grateful for having such a lovely husband who dragged me out of the house to do our daily exercise (which I was not in the mood for) and for being a great listener.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can find something everyday when I remember to look. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm liking these grateful posts!! It gives me a reminder of how much I have to be thankful for, especially when so many other things are still up in the air. I say, my kids, my writing, and my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I can't believe it's almost 2016. The idea that time is spreading up freaks me out! Thank you for the wonderful biblical reminder to focus on all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you. No matter how tough things get, there are always things for which we can be grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great reminder to everyone to stop and reflect each day on what we are thankful for. Today I am thankful for the beautiful day. Gorgeous weather outside. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful for the amazing people I've met on this writing journey, like you. I'm not NaNoing this year, but I'm pretending that I am to do a revision on on WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My "thankful" list is quite small, but I'm working on focusing. Good health is number one. I only have to be sick a few days to know how important it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm grateful for still being able to write every day, even if it's only for a few minutes. I hope 2016 doesn't present you with as many challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll echo Ken's comment. :) Miss seeing you around, Julie, and hope 2017 is a good year for you!

    ReplyDelete