Wednesday, May 29, 2013
My Five Happy Ways
Morgan Shamy, my agency sister and all around inspirational person, tagged me in her "My Five Happy Ways" post. I love this idea, so I decided to participate.
Shout out to the person who tagged me
List my five happy ways
Tag five more
My shout out to Morgan...she always has a kind word to say, and looks at the bright side of things. Her blog posts inspire me. Morgan's perseverance and positive attitude will bring success, no doubt about it!
My Five Happy Ways:
(I'll copy Morgan and Mark Koopmans and point out that my spouse and family automatically trump everything)
1. Books and water--Sounds like a soggy mess, right? Sometimes. I love sitting on the beach, warm sand beneath me, water lapping at my toes, reading a book. Or I can be lakeside, reading my book, as the occasional ski boat passes by. Or I can be lounging by the pool or floating on a raft, reading a book. Either way, this is one of my favorite forms of relaxation.
2. Silver linings--Life is full of dramatic peaks and valleys. When we're in the valleys, it's sometimes tough to remember the peaks. But I'm a firm believer that there's always a silver lining. If we try hard enough, we can find something to be thankful for.
3. Social media--For me, social media is like school with a super long recess. So many opportunities to learn, while also having fun. In real life, when meeting new people, I'm not always the most outgoing person. It takes a while for someone to really get to know me. With social media, it gives me a little more confidence to be myself and not worry so much. I've met most of you this way, and I'm so thankful.
4. Sing along songs--If there was a camera in our car while my family's on the road, you'd crack up. We play our favorite songs and sing our hearts out. We even have little dance moves that we sometimes manage to do within the confines of a small car. My sons are master DJs, and take turns picking songs. We may not sound great, but boy, do we have fun.
5. Birthdays--Ever since I was little, my family has made birthdays a special celebration. That carries on even today. I don't frown at the rising number each time I have a birthday. Instead, I'm thankful I was blessed with another year with the wonderful people around me. I seriously don't even care about receiving presents, because each birthday is a gift.
(Speaking of birthdays...a special shout out to my sister Joyce, who's celebrating her birthday today!)
Who will I tag? ALL of you! Why stop short at five? If you write a five happy ways post, I'd love to know about it so I can stop by and learn more about you.
Better yet, I'd love it if you listed YOUR five happy ways in the comments.
What made you happy today? Please share!