Welcome Insecure Writers! Big thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and his crew for giving us this awesome group hug called Insecure Writers Support Group. Click here to sign up.
Keeping it short this month. When things get crazy, I like to take a moment and focus on what I'm grateful for.
Besides family and good health, which I'm thankful for every day, I'm grateful for:
- Opportunities. I love that we're writers in this day and age. Opportunities and choices abound.
- Skill. My writing abilities have come a loooong way, and they still have a looooong way to go. But I'm so thankful for writing skills.
- Sales. When even one person buys one of my books, I'm so thankful. I'd write them for free, without ever receiving payment, so I'm extra grateful when someone puts faith in me.
- Mentors. I'm thankful for brave writers who try new things and tell others about it.
- Gratitude. Sounds weird to be grateful for gratitude, but I am. It's easy to dwell on all you don't have, but I like to dwell on what I do.
How about you, fellow writers? What are you grateful for today? Please share!